“All that I am I owe to my mother.”
~ George Washington
Although we believe mums should be appreciated and celebrated every day of the year, there is no reason why we shouldn’t dedicate a day to spoil our mums who not only gave birth to us but also dedicated their lives to raise us.
So, here’s to mums around the world ‘Thank you’ and we ‘Love you’. Xxx
Here’s 5 ideas to make this day extra special and be in her good books this Mother’s Day.
- Take over your mum’s daily chores. Yes! Why not dedicate your entire day looking after her daily chores and give her a day off.
- Try out an activity with her that she loves and enjoys. Has your mum been telling you about a new class that she has joined or a new skill that she is learning; this is a perfect time to find out what makes her smile and what she is passionate about.
- Host a mother’s appreciation tea party. What best way to spend quality time with the wonderful ladies in your life then getting together for a traditional tea party. Get all the mums together and share lifetime stories over tea and cakes.
- Plant a tree in your mum’s name. A wonderful gift that will benefit millions. The National Forest arranges planting events every year where families can get together to celebrate planting a tree together, a wonderful way to spend time together.
- Write a letter to your mum. Instead of writing another card do something different, write a letter to her instead to say thank you for everything she has done for you and a promise to forever love her.